If you want to try out a tasty vegan dish, which is made in less than 20 minutes, go for Vegan Pancakes. These are fluffy, light and absolutely easy to make.
Vegan pancakes are a great way to start the day or when you are on the way to come to your home after finishing your 9 to 5 job. Having it as a snack or dessert is always amazing. Homemade pancakes are extremely healthy and you can customize them however you prefer.
This recipe is made with the whole wheat flour and this is affordable and easy to get. Amongst a lot of gluten-free pancakes recipes, this one is extremely amazing.
What are the Vegan Pancakes ingredients you need?
- 2 tbsp brown, cane or coconut sugar
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened plant milk of your choice (you can also use soy milk)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 flax egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
How to Make Vegan Pancakes – Step by Step:
- Firstly, you will have to mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl like sugar, flour, salt and baking powder
- Add the liquid ingredients (milk, flax egg, oil, and vanilla extract) to the bowl and you will have to stir until well combined. Let the batter stand for 5-10 minutes before using it.
- After that, place 1/4 cup of the batter (65 ml) in a lightly greased hot pan or griddle and cook for about 2 minutes for each side or until golden brown.
- When the underside is golden and bubbles begin to appear on the surface, this is time to flip over onto the other side.
- Once both the sides are cooked well, you can serve it immediately with vegan nutella or vegan butter or even raspberry or blueberry jam.
- You can also eat them with cacao nibs, maple syrup, and fresh fruit, or serve them with your favorite plant milk.
- You can actually keep the leftovers in the airtight container in your refrigerator for 3at least 4-5 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Vegan Pancakes Nutrition Value:
Serving Size: 1 pancake (with no toppings)
- Calories: 124
- Sodium: 105 mg
- Sugar: 3.6 g
- Fat: 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.4 g
- Fiber: 3.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 20.2 g
- Protein: 3.9 g
To make your breakfast or evening snack a tasty and healthy one, you can simply make this dish. As this is made with the whole wheat flour, you can easily get this one in the market and this is affordable too. Although pancakes are best when fresh, you have the option of making big batches and keep them in the fridge to enjoy during the week. Making pancakes at home is extremely easy and you are free to use and add all your favorite toppings. If you do not want to add maple syrup or honey, you can use fresh fruit as well.