There are so many people who do not like to have potatoes in their meals. Are you one of them? If yes, then you may not know that potatoes are really good for your health.
But a lot of people also love to have potatoes in other forms like fries and wedges. So, do you feel excited when your mobile screen pops up with a message that “your crispy garlic potato wedges is on the way to come to your house?” But have you ever thought about the side effects? These fries are not at all good for your health.
Now, you must be wondering what to eat as a snack, which is healthy and tasty at the same time. So, to solve your issue, vegan mashed potatoes come into the picture. It is an ideal side dish for any time of the year. You can also have it as a snack. They’re rich, creamy, full of flavor, so easy to make and also dairy-free!
With the help of a few simple ingredients, you can make this dish without a hassle. Vegan mashed potatoes are an extremely simple dish to prepare, a classic recipe, which is made with plant-based ingredients you already have in your pantry or you can get at any supermarket. It is one of the amazing side-dishes that almost everyone loves to have. In addition to that this is also extremely affordable and this goes quite well with pretty much all the meals. In fact, this is considered as one of the everyday side-dishes.
- Prep time – 10 minutes
- Cook time – 20 minutes
Vegan Mashed Potatoes Ingredients
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or melted vegan butter
- 2 pounds potatoes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2–3/4 cup unsweetened plant milk of your choice (you can also use soy milk)
How to make vegan mashed potatoes – Step by Step:
- First of all, you will have to peel the potato skin properly. Then, you need to cut the potatoes into inch cubes (about 2.5 cm) and transfer to a large pot full of cold water.
- Once you are done with the step, you will have to bring to a boil and then you need to cook over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are fork-tender.
- Then, you will have to drain all the potatoes.
- Return the potatoes to the pot and cook over medium-high heat for about 2-3 minutes
- Stir it occasionally and help cook off some of the remaining steam within the potatoes. This step is optional.
- After that, you will have to mash the potatoes using the fork or potato masher
- You can easily use the immersion blender if you want.
- Then, you will have to heat oil in a pan and pour the mashed potato into it
- Take a spoon and combine it well
- Add the salt and stir again.
- Finally, you will have to pour in the milk a little at a time until it’s fully incorporated. Some people prefer to add hot milk, but milk at room temperature or even cold milk is also okay. Use more or less milk, depending on the consistency you’re looking for.
- Serve immediately or you can also keep the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days or in the freezer for 1 month.
Vegan Mashed Potatoes Nutrition Value:
Serving Size: 1/6 of the recipe
- Carbohydrates: 29.5 g
- Sugar: 1.5 g
- Calories: 217
- Sodium: 205 mg
- Saturated Fat: 1.4 g
- Fat: 9.9 g
- Fiber: 3.9. g
- Protein: 4.2 g