Do you want to try a flavorful and delicious recipe made with simple ingredients? Then, try out Vegan Lasagna. It’s tasty, soft, cheesy and so yummy!
The world nowadays is going gaga over vegan recipes and that too for its taste and health benefits. Moreover, when you are on the way to come home from the office or college, you would want light, healthy and definitely delicious food to fill your appetite. But would you really prefer having the same old toast and jam? Of course Not! A new and interesting recipe can bring a change in your evening snacks. And there is no denying in a fact that Vegan Lasagna is a perfect dish to try out.
Prep Time- 15 min
Cook time- 55 min
For the vegan Bolognese:
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 1 onion
- 1 pound mushrooms
- 1 celery stalk
- 2 cups walnuts
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp liquid smoke, optional
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
For the lasagna:
- 3 batches of vegan ricotta
- ½–1 cup vegan Parmesan cheese
- 2 batches of homemade marinara sauce
- 1 pound dried vegan lasagna sheets or noodles
How to make it?
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF or 180ºC.
- Add celery, onion and carrot into a food processor for blending
- Add mushroom and walnut and blend again
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the veggie mixture (onion, carrot, celery, and mushrooms) and cook over medium-high heat for 5-10 minutes or until cooked, stirring occasionally.
- Add the remaining ingredients into it and then stir for 5 minutes
- Cook the vegan lasagna sheets
- Assemble the lasagna and spread some marinara sauce onto a large baking dish
- After that, add a layer of lasagna sheets, another layer of vegan ricotta and then another one of the veggie mixture
- Then, you will have to add one more layer of lasagna sheets, vegan ricotta, marinara sauce and the veggie mixture
- Then again, add the layer of lasagna sheets, the veggie mixture and vegan ricotta
- Add another layer of lasagna sheets and then finally cover it with marinara sauce
- Spread some vegan Parmesan cheese over it and wait for 30-40 minutes to bake or until the borders get golden brown and the top starts to bubble.
- Serve immediately and eat it by itself or accompany it with side dishes like vegetable soup, cabbage soup, kale salad, or even a vegan Caprese salad.
Pro Tip: You can keep the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 5-7 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Serving Size: 1/10 of the recipe
- Calories: 461Sugar: 5.4 g
- Sodium: 1152 mg
- Fat: 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 46.7 g
- Fiber: 6.7 g
- Protein: 23.7 g